April 4th, 2019

OAEC I.T. Association

Meeting Minutes


  1. Call to order

Don Pak called to order the regular meeting of the OAEC I.T. Association at 2:00pm on 04/04/2019 on phone conference.

  1. Roll call

Don Pak conducted a roll call. The following persons were present:

4/4/2019 Name Coop Attended Conference Call
1 Brandon Wingield Southeastern no
2 Brenda Merkle TCEC no
3 Casey Davis OEC yes
4 Chandler Lingle Southwest Rural no
5 Curt Cloyd Northwestern no
6 David Rittenhouse Lake Region no
7 Don Lawrence Indian no
8 Don Pak East Central yes
9 Eric Neill Rural no
10 Greg McComber Cotton yes
11 Shannon Veerkamp Kiamichi yes
12 Sid Sperry OAEC no
13 Stephanie Jones Cimarron no
  1. Approval of minutes from last meeting

Don Pak read the minutes from the last meeting. The minutes were approved as read.

  1. Open issues
  2. Still open for ideas on certification courses.  This may or may not be feasible for 2019 conference. Decided we could not do this.
  3. Please continue to send list of vendors and speakers to Casey. 
    1. Let’s see an updated list of vendors and speakers as of April 2019 meeting.
      1. Casey mentioned and will contact Slade Griffin, Bill West and Jim Libenski for speakers. Vendors mentioned are Digital Forensics and Skyhelm. Jaycek from SEDC for a table top exercise. Red V, Blue with NRECA- will get back to us.
  4. Greg will contact Federated to speak.
  5. Topic for round table – Ransomware. 
    1. Let’s get a clear focus on the ransomware topic and how we want to approach it…discuss.
    1. Let’s try to get a comprehensive potential agenda on the roundtable topic. 
    1. We will need a strong moderator for this. Shannon has agreed to do this.
  6. Look at Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) from Microsoft.  Link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46899
  7. FirstNet as a vendor/speaker for mobile voice communications. Greg will contact them.
  8. Eric has offered to contact any Coops that did not attend last year and extend an invite.
  9. Here are some topics I would like to bring up for our next meeting.
    1. What are the steps to take if we have been compromised by a hacker…ransomware, loss of member’s PII, etc.
    1. Increasing password length in AD.  Using passphrases.
    1. Two factor authentication services – how to configure MFA from system login, access to applications, etc.
  • Adjournment

Don Pak adjourned the meeting at 2:25.

Minutes submitted by:  Shannon Veerkamp

Minutes approved by:  Name